Summer time is upon us and this is the best time to liberate your ankles and calves while catching the last sunny rays of the season by going sockless.
Moccasins and Boat shoes are Okay for bare ankles, but it depends on how you style the rest of your look, you can look laid-back and casual, or dapper and slightly daring.
Photo Credit: Melik Kam
The question is, how do you know the shoes to pair with each outfit?
• Cuffed denim with slip-on
• Light weight summer suits with sneakers
Photo Credit: Rowanrow
• Flat-front pants with oxfords
Basically, forget the notion from your elementary school days that all shoes should be worn with socks. There is something unique and yet charming about wearing loafers with no socks.
HERE’S A LIST OF SHOES THAT CAN BE WORN WITHOUT SOCKS
- WHEN TO WEAR: Casual and formal.
- HOW TO WEAR: Wear with cuffed jeans and blazer.
- BOAT SHOES:
- WHEN TO WEAR:Casual and formal
- HOW TO WEAR: Wear with twill shorts and a knit sweater.
- WHEN TO WEAR: Casual
- HOW TO WEAR: Wear with slim jeans and crisp shirt.
- LOW-CUT SNEAKERS:
- WHEN TO WEAR: Casual and formal
- HOW TO WEAR: Wear with a light weight suit and a basic tee.
- WHEN TO WEAR: Formal
- HOW TO WEAR: Wear with Flat-front pants and polo.
- WHEN TO WEAR: Mostly casual.
- HOW TO WEAR: Wear with Dark wash denim and a striped shirt.
- WHEN TO WEAR: Mostly Casual
- HOW TO WEAR: Wear with khaki shorts and a polo shirt.
Note that, bare feet can lead to a certain kind of odor, so take precautions by doing the following:
- AIR OUT: After wearing, air out the pair of shoes for a full day or two before wearing again.
- BABY POWDER: Use baby powder to your insoles for fresher feel and smell.
- INVISIBLE SOCKS: Low-cut invisible liner socks helps.
AT WARDROBEFIX, WE AIM TO TRANSFORM YOUR WARDROBE AT YOUR BUDGET, INFORM AND EDUCATE YOU SO YOU ARE MORE STYLISH, TRENDY AND UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD OF FASHION.