So many times, we wonder why an outfit looks polished, complete or generally stylish. This could be attributed to layering.
Another name for this is ‘the third piece’. A pant and a top is your first and second piece, but to take your outfit to the next level or automatically change the whole outfit, you’ll need to add a layer/third piece.
For summer looks and in warmer climates, layering is about showing off your personal sense of style but during the winter,layering clothes becomes more of a necessity and less of a choice.
You can layer with different pieces. They are:
Belts, hats, statement necklaces or scarfs are some of the accessories that can add accent to your layering.
It isn’t compulsory to add a third piece. Especially when the weather is hot. It nevertheless enhances your look. This is where accesories come in.
TIPS TO FOLLOW
- When buying a blazer or a coat, it is always best to start with the basics. A simple black, well-fitted blazer which will match with nearly everything in your closet will make a great buy. Do not go for a crazy patterned crop jacket that will look great a few times a year and will go with not more than one or two items in your closet.
- Leather and faux leather jacket are also a good idea. They do not go out of style.
- For blazers, jackets or coats, i suggest you pay a little more than you used to, to be able to wear it season after season. Remember you get what you pay for.
- Vests hardly go out of style. They are becoming more trendy lately, especially the denim. Be it leather or faux, buy a color that you can wear non-stop.
- This can go with eventually every outfit of your choice. Be it a dress, shirts and skirt or any other outfit. Buy more of the neutral color .
- A knitted cardigan is a great taste, when you want to buy one.
- During fall/winter, use scarves. they are great option because the keep you warm and also make you look stylish.
- Statement jewelries are also a great way to take your outfit to a new level. During summer/spring, when you do not need to add a coat or a blazer, it is another way of adding interest to your outfit. They can make an outfit look more stylish.
- Hats doesn’t only provide covering for your head, they are also very stylish.
- Do not mix and match colors that do not go together when layering.
- For a balanced look and a comfortable feel, layer from thin to thick.
- When layering with patterns, do so carefully. Do not throw in different items with clashing prints.
- Remember to consider where you are going before layering.
- Never underestimate what accent pieces(accesories) can do for you.
Photo Credit: Polyvore
AT WARDROBEFIX, WE AIM TO TRANSFORM YOUR WARDROBE AT YOUR BUDGET, INFORM AND EDUCATE YOU SO YOU ARE MORE STYLISH, TRENDY AND UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD OF FASHION.