We all want to look good and most of all, presentable. But the heartbreaking thing about fashion is this -there is always that tiny problem that makes a huge mess in our dressing most times and we always try to figure it out.
There are fashion do’s and don’ts and this exists due to the terrible fashion sense (faux pas) of some people (that can literally hurt your eyes when beheld).
We strongly believe that a look can make or break a woman, and for this reason we should follow a few common sense fashion rules if we have to look our best.
Here are some of them:
1. WEARING TIGHT LEGGINGS WITH A TIGHT TOP
It’s been argued that some can pull off this look, but it is true that more than 90% never works. We all know that wearing leggings can be so comfy and truly some days, comfort is needed. But when it comes to leggings, remember they are not pants. Unless you are headed out for a run (or Kendall and Kylie Jenner), tight leggings should never be worn with a fitted T-shirt, cropped sweater or any other top that doesn’t cover your butt.
The simple way to solve this problem is to know that there is a time and place for leggings, you just need to follow some fashion and styling tips to get a perfect result.
Tips on how to style your leggings:
2. ALWAYS STAY TRUE TO YOUR STYLE
Style is not just about clothing, it is about confidence. Wear what makes you feel confident and you will look stylish. Self-confidence is the best outfit, rock it and own it. Fashion is what you buy; style is what you do with it.
You can wear anything if you sell it hard enough. Some fashionistas and models wear the most patently unflattering clothes, but they walk with confidence and somehow manage to make it work.
3. OVERUSED/WRONG CHOICE OF ACCESSORIES
Accessories are added to something else in order to make it more useful, versatile, or attractive. If your accessories does not do any of these, take it off. A perfect outfit can be easily ruined by overused or wrong choice of accessories. It is also easy to turn an ordinary outfit into a fab one with the right accessories.
Tips on how to wear your accessories:
- Always learn how to harmonize your accessories with your outfit, make sure there is some common element or theme between the accessory and the outfit.
- Avoid being too matchy.
- Do not Wear fake accessories, such as fake Chanel bags or Louboutin shoes or any other popping accessory that isn’t the real thing. Do not ‘fake it till you make it’ with accessories. True connoisseurs will get it. And won’t appreciate it.
4. WEARING OF SHAPELESS CLOTHES
Wearing of shapeless cloth is a no when it comes to fashion. The truth is that, whatever your shape and size, not every item of clothing will suit you. See how to identify your body shape.
5. OVERDOSING ON TRENDS
Metallic tops, colorful thigh-high boots, distressed denims, colorful hair, popping makeup and bright accessories might be trending but when worn all together, they just look wacky. You do not how to wear all the in-things at once.
Wear your clothes because they make you feel and look good, not because they are trendy.
Tips on how to wear trends:
- Test drive your trending fashion item one or two at a time.
- Do not over do it. Just pick the trends that work best with the rest of your outfit to blend them together in perfect harmony and avoid chiming in unnecessary additions.
6. DO NOT BARE TOO MUCH
When it comes to dressing, do not go bare. Always dress to please yourself but do not expose your body unnecessary. You do not have to expose your butt, while wearing pants or denim to look sexy.
Tips on how not to bare too much skin:
- When dressing, do not bare your upper body and the lower part of your body at the same time (unless you are going to a party, the beach/pool or other like events).
- Avoid undersized and overly tight clothes.
7. WEAR THE RIGHT UNDERWEAR
Many a lady have ticked the right box in their choice of outfit but their underwear ruined it for them. It can be tough to choose the right undergarment for an outfit since there’s always so many choices (especially when you have your favorite undies).
Tips on how to go seamless:
- You should wear a tong or G-string If you’re wearing curve-hugging leggings or shorts. Wear Spanx under any second-skin-tight outfit (like body-con dresses). They flawlessly reshape the silhouette injecting an extra dose of confidence.Buy here.
- For a flared dress, a brief or boy-short is a great choice in our opinion since you can’t control the wind.Buy here.
- A high-waisted panty will serve for a lace dress or skirt that requires clean lines. They can also double as shape-wear.Buy here.
- Do not wear black underwear with a sheer white outfit. It’s not sexy.
- Since jeans are typically thick, it provides coverage and allows you to wear all types of panties (even that comfy panty of yours).
8. BE COMFORTABLE
The importance of comfort in fashion cannot be overemphasized. We think there should be some sacrifice made in the name of fashion but if your shirt or dress has a neck that is too small, your pants give you a wedgie, your skirt is too tight you cannot walk, you’re wearing sky high heels that have you wobbly (or render you immobile), you have on layers of clothes or a thick wool coat in the middle of summer, it is a form of discomfort that should not be ignored, and shouldn’t be tolerated at all or only in small quantities, unless you want to entertain the onlookers.
9. DON’T BE A CHEAPSKATE
Spend the extra money on high quality fabrics and fashion items that will last in time. Cheap stuff wears out pretty quickly so you will end up buying things over and over again.
10. NOT EVERYTHING LOOKS GREAT AS JUMPSUITS/CATSUITS
“The message of a leopard-print jumpsuit is clear: ‘I am a huntress who delights in eating the offal of her prey.” – Simon Doonan
Photo Credit: Amazon & Pinterest
AT WARDROBEFIX, WE AIM TO TRANSFORM YOUR WARDROBE AT YOUR BUDGET, INFORM AND EDUCATE YOU SO YOU ARE MORE STYLISH, TRENDY AND UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD OF FASHION.