It is important for every man’s wardrobe to be versatile. To be stylish, you need to know when to wear a formal, semi-formal or a casual outfit. Below is a guide on how and when to style your outfit for any occasion.
SIMPLE STYLING TIPS
- Simple dressing is different from trashy. Every man wants to be simple but dressing simple has been misunderstood by most men. You should know the difference between loose and baggy. Looser fits are comfortable but baggy just looks messy. Try to avoid the urge to wear sweatpants, no matter how comfortable they may be, opt for jeans with a loose fit instead. Get rid of worn out clothes and anything that you have outgrown.
- Do not leave trendy stuff for the women. Men have trendy things too, use them. Do not underestimate the power of accessories, scarves, hat, watches, glasses, belts. Accessories make the statement. When it comes to Layering, it is great for men as it is for women; it can change up a whole look. For jeans, they are more about shape than about trend but this doesn’t mean you can’t indulge in a trendy pair from time to time. Spice up your wardrobe with different cuts. If you think sneakers are too causal and loafers too formal for your outfit, try boots as they are also stylish.
BUSINESS STYLING TIPS
- While dressing for business, go for a look that is not too formal but still professional. For example, if you are unsure of a new work environment, i’d suggest, you leave that denim and sneakers. For a business outfit, use a loafer or dress shoes (oxfords) and let the sneakers be.
SMART STYLING TIPS
- Mix and match suit piece or blazer with a cool pair of denims. Whatever the occasion might be; meeting or a lunch date, it is safer to arrive overdressed rather than under dressed.
- You can still rock your sneakers, your shoes must not be formal. But the sneakers should be clean and stylish. More importantly it should not be too athletic.
FORMAL STYLING TIPS
- Black suits and tuxedos are the most common. Get your suit tailored to fit perfectly with your height and shape.
- A solid color suit is not a must but it is more traditional. You can wear a colored suit and still get a perfect result.
Photo Credit: Pinterest
AT WARDROBEFIX, WE AIM TO TRANSFORM YOUR WARDROBE AT YOUR BUDGET, INFORM AND EDUCATE YOU SO YOU ARE MORE STYLISH, TRENDY AND UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD OF FASHION.